What can we do to properly contain the spread of COVID-19? That is probably the first question that has entered the minds of many government officials around the world. Here are some basic procedures that have been recommended:
- Provide good communication to your residents and let them know the government is trying its best to contain the spread of the virus.
- Get feedback instantly from residents on their travel histories and health conditions.
- Educate your residents on personal hygiene.
- Prepare an action plan for your residents, such as travel restrictions, home quarantine, stay-at-home, hospitalization, follow-ups, and more.
Customised Surveys and Forms with Instant Results that Support Accurate Decision-Making
Sondos Market Research aims to support the government of every country to contain the spread of infectious viruses such as COVID-19 with its suite of advanced survey and analytics tools.
Our wide range of digital tools cater to different business and consumer needs – in this case, Sondos’ customised solution package for COVID-19, COVID-19 Communication Management System (COVID-19 CMS) is able to help track the rate and seriousness of the COVID-19 virus infection among a country’s population and provide its government with an effective way to track, monitor and control the spread of the virus among their residents.
How Does COVID-19 Communication Management System Works?
Sondos’ COVID-19 CMS will enable the government to scan the entire population of a country by sending them a survey to get their feedback instantly, especially on their travel histories, occupation types and health conditions by asking them simple questions such as ‘Have you been out of the country in the last 21 days?’, ‘Have you been in close contact with someone with COVID-19?’, and ‘Have you been having any of the following symptoms?’, etc.
Our methodology uses three key approaches – assessment, analysis and action to identify the communication needs of each country and then building the required measurement models before mapping out the communication strategy according to each segment of the audience, such as individual, family or group. Let’s now take a look at the recommended survey measurement modules that are available.
Recommended Program Models
There are 13 recommended programs in COVID-19 CMS. This is to help track the rate and seriousness of the COVID-19 virus infection among the population of a country and provide its government with an effective tool to isolate the residents who could have been infected with the virus, and hence control and interact with them directly on a case-by-case basis.
(1) Self-Risk Assessment
The self-risk assessment module seeks to measure the probability that a resident belongs to the high-risk group for COVID-19 infection. We will have three categories namely ‘High Risk’, ‘Low Risk’ or ‘No Risk’. We decide which resident belongs to which category via a series of survey questions, such as defining whether the resident was out of the country or whether he has been in contact with someone with the virus or similar symptoms.
Residents in the high-risk group, if they are found to be infected, will be immediately sent to the hospital. For those not infected or those in the low risk or no risk groups, they could be asked to self-quarantine at home and asked to monitor their own health conditions via daily temperature checks.
(2) Control a Group of Residents for a Specific Purpose
We are able to provide and send a specific link or form to a particular segment of the residents in order to keep a particular event, zone, geographical area, business or city under control. This enables the government to receive feedback from the residents seamlessly, with the ability to instantly receive and analyse statistics on one dashboard, letting them make important decisions accurately and quickly.
(3) Daily Home Self-Quarantine Monitoring Model
The daily home self-quarantine monitoring model enables the government to monitor the health conditions and progress of each resident under quarantine digitally, including temperature checks and any other symptoms. Among other benefits, they can build an electronic profile of each quarantined resident, define the statistics to measure and control daily, and save the resident’s daily measurements for 14+14 days for health trends analysis.
This module serves to confirm the knowledge of the social responsibilities and accountabilities for each resident, family or company.
(5) Health and Lifestyle Awareness
This module focuses on creating awareness about the nutrition, hygiene and provide measurement tools to support healthy lifestyles and relationship habits.
(6) Report a Case
This model enables the residents to report any urgent cases related to COVID-19.
To facilitate a government’s Ministry of Health’s internal communication system, available tools include the COVID-19 tele-survey, doctor’s assessment form and a medical update form.
Benefits of COVID-19 CMS
COVID-19 CMS comes with immense benefits that will no doubt help to contain the spread of COVID-19 and help a government make accurate decisions. Here are some benefits of COVID-19 CMS.
(1) Control - COVID-19 CMS has the ability to control the entire population of a country which are being quarantined at home, or at the hotels, hospitals or medical centers. It can also keep a particular event, zone, geographical area, business or city under control by sending out a specific link or form to a particular segment of the people.
Here’s a simple chart to show how this can be done in the case of a wedding event:
(2) Notifications – COVID-19 CMS comes built with instant notifications that we can customise for you to send to different outlets or relevant parties for assistance purposes. For example, if a resident who has the symptoms fills in the survey, there will be an instant notification sent to the nearest medical centers about his conditions, who can then do a follow-up.
(3) Different Methods of Surveying the Residents – For more efficient communication, different methods can be used to survey the residents, such as sending out an online survey link or an SMS through the mobile phone, or using Computer-Assisted Telephone Interviews (CATI), Computer-Assisted Personal Interviews (CAPI) or Computer-Assisted Web Interviews (CAWI).
(4) Different Ways to Send Surveys to the Residents - We can send the survey invitations to the residents using different ways, such as sending them a survey invitation link or an SMS through the mobile phones to let residents fill in the surveys, getting government staff from call centers to call them, or publicizing the surveys through social media or newspapers.
(5) Centralised Dashboard for Accurate Decision-Making – The real-time, centralised dashboard of COVID-19 CMS is able to provide instant data and analytics to the government on the health conditions of the residents. The information provided by the residents from all sources, such as social media, walk-in health centers and hospitals, online surveys, website and the hotlines can help the government make accurate decisions immediately. Due to the very infectious nature of COVID-19, this is critical for the government to make quick decisions for appropriate follow-up actions to contain the virus. For example, if the dashboard shows that there is a virus infection group detected near the airport, the government can then make a quick decision for action.
Putting a system like COVID-19 CMS in place will provide a good communication between a government and its residents, and also educate them on the symptoms of COVID-19 and the importance of personal hygiene.
Click here for the full infographic of how this system works or watch it in video format here.
Get in touch with us to learn more about Sondos COVID-19 CMS now!
Request a demo here: https://www.sondosmr.com/sondosen/index.php/request-demo
Or contact with us through:
Jordan office: +962 777 222 557 | +962 790 979 646 | +962 796 429 030
UAE office: +971 551 427 179
” We want to provide our government with the best experience and system to monitor the population of Jordan, letting them instantly and accurately make decisions based on real-time data. This will help contain the spread of COVID-19 quickly and protect our residents.” – Zaher Bitar, Company CEO